Lara Smith of Lusome contributed this guest post, introducing her line of sleepwear for Menopause Goddesses. They sent me a nightgown to try and it is glorious. And my husband Dewitt loves it. I’m not only cool – I look stylish not frumpy. As most of you know, I am a wicking sleepwear junkie and have tried a number of brands. I like and use many of them. Definitely, the Lusome fabric is different – it feels more like brushed cotton than athletic microfiber. Read on to learn more – and Lara also shares some other great tips for getting a good night’s sleep. Enjoy!
Staying Cool and Dry at Night
Night Sweats Suck! For about 75% of women, hot flashes and night sweats are a fact of life during perimenopause and menopause. For some women it is a minor annoyance but for others the extreme perspiration makes sleeping through the night impossible.
Finally, a proven solution that is comfortable and beautiful. I founded Lusomé with dryLon technology for the millions of women suffering through night sweats. After 20+ years in the fashion industry I put my production and sourcing experience to good work and partnered with a fabric mill, experts in textile innovation. Over the period of 18 months we worked on fabrics that achieved superior moisture management performance with a soft luxurious handfeel.
Why don’t you treat yourself to a brand new pair of sleepwear from Lusomé (www.lusome.com)? Lusomé sleepwear combines best-in-class fabric and manufacturing with a beautiful yet simplistic aesthetic to offer women relief from those nasty night sweats.
Of course there are other factors keeping us awake, and we have the following tips:
- Put your smart phone, Ipad or any other device away.
- Ladies, turn down that thermostat! It will do wonders for the environment and your body temperature. And, recent studies suggest you will burn a few more calories by setting the thermostat to 65 when you sleep.
- Swap caffeine for herbal teas. With the insurgence of tea bars almost on every other corner, it is easy to find a tea that will not only cure some ailment but will be quite enjoyable to drink.
- Ladies- you will love this one- avoid night workouts! The post workout adrenaline will keep you as alert as a cup of java will.
- Avoid that nap! If you must rest during the day, do it for a max of 20 or so minutes, anything more will interrupt a good night’s sleep.
- Routines are key to catching quality zzzz’s, so establish a regular bedtime. Go to bed at the same time every night. Pick a time when you normally feel tired, so that you don’t toss and turn. Try to stick to this nightly schedule even on weekends when it may be tempting to stay up late.