Menopause Hair Tonic

For all who’ve asked for a photo of my new "do", here it is. I sent one of my hula sisters to Luna the Magnificent and she also came back a new woman. I think she expressed it best for all of us struggling with thin hair as well as other changes in body image resulting from menopause. "I didn’t realize it [hair loss] was bothering me so much until I got my new, thick, gorgeous hair style. It was obviously affecting my self image in a negative way though I couldn’t readily see it. I’m so happy now; I feel beautiful!" Me too. What she said.

, , , , ,

10 Responses to Menopause Hair Tonic

1. ChameLeon September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

You ARE beautiful.

2. John (Tall Mountain Bear) Madden September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Lady, you have always been beautiful and even more so now.

Blessings and prayers to you and DeWitt.

Saw Carol Robinson and Katherine Feng at NANPA. Had a great time, learned a lot and enjoyed visiting with them.

Ahoe,

John Tall

3. Rae Young September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Great photo. I am so glad you did this last blog on your hair, you inspired me to color my hair and I like it.

4. Joan Thompson September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Hi you! See, I really did look up your blog… So where is Luna? Is she here on our island? You do look fabulous. Really great blog site; you'll be hearing from me!

5. Georgina September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Hi there!

I have had the same problem, and have been using topcal Minoxidil 5% and Spironolactone 2% for two years now. All the hair I lost has grown back, even more. Minoxidil 5% is succesful in growing hair back in over 75% of women. The fine little hairs you describe in another topic, are typical for 'male' regrowth. 'Female' regrowth is much, much better. I have glorious hair now!

Best,

Georgina

6. good pix September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

you Look wonderful you hair looks great … you are always beauitiful

7. Lynette Sheppard September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Hi Joan,

I so enjoyed our short visit together ( and how often can you say you ENJOY a pap smear?) Nurse midwives are some of my favorite people – and I think you are fabulous!

Luna is on Maui, however we have cajoled and begged and she is coming to MKK in a few weeks or so. We will get exact dates after 3/22 when she returns to Maui from the mainland. She is going to stay at our guest house and work her magic on me, my husband, and anyone else who is interested. How great is that? Let me know if you want to be on her short list – I'll let you know when she is coming when we nail down the date(s).

all my best,

Lynette

8. Theresa Souers September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

The "do" is fab. How does it look with a golf cap?

9. Mizmell September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

I begin the regular trips to the hairdresser just this past year when I turned 49. I have finally found the appropriate mix of color that allows me to go 2 months without roots or wild gray hairs.

Life is good!

10. Lynette Sheppard September 23, 2009 at 7:42 am #

Hi Georgina,

Thank you so much for your comment and your personal experience – Is the spironalactone in a topical form as well? I took it orally and just could not tolerate it. this could help so many menopausal goddesses – we appreciate it!