Vaginitis, vaginal atrophy, vaginosis. These can afflict us during and after Menopause. Guest blogger Joydeep Majumder shares some simple, effective home remedies for vaginosis. Remember these conditions can mimic one another and/or occur together. For this reason, it is helpful to consult a health care professional to determine the state of your vaginal health.
Top Home Remedies To Cure Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis causes strong itchiness, swelling, and bleeding in the vagina. It starts inflammation when bacteria count increases in the vagina. There are a number of home remedies for treating this condition.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a very effective remedy for vaginosis. A cup of apple cider vinegar in the bathtub to soak the vagina will help to kill the bacteria and toxins.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil contains strong antifungal property, which helps in killing harmful fungi. Rinse your vagina in 2-3 tbsp tea tree oil in water. It also removes unpleasant vaginal odor.
- Garlic: Garlic also possesses strong antifungal and antibacterial agents that kill bacteria. A few slices of fresh garlic ground in paste needs to be applied to your vagina. Rinse it off with water later.
- Fenugreek: Soak fenugreek in a glass of water in the night and then drink the water in the morning. Drink the water on an empty stomach. This solution balances the hormones efficiently and regulates menstrual cycles.
- Tea bag: A wet tea bag reduces itchiness in the vagina. Freeze it for several minutes and then put into the vagina for 10 minutes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt helps to balance normal vaginal pH level. Soak a tampon in the solution, which includes yogurt and water. Pass the tampon through the vagina for 3-5 minutes and rinse it later. Because of the presence of lactobacillus acidophilus, yogurt helps in proper restoration of equilibrium in a woman’s vagina.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruit is a great source of vitamin C that fights against vaginal infection and fights against vaginal odor.
- Diet concerns: Avoid high fat foods including butter, milk, chocolate and the like.
- Vitamin E content: Get enough Vitamin E through fruits like avocado, broccoli, kiwi, and other fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid certain products: Avoid fermented items, chocolate, soy sauce, vinegar, cheese and the like.
- Douche: Douche, specifically boric acid type of douche helps in the acidification of overall pH of the vagina. Those sensitive to Boric Acid should refrain from using it. Potassium iodide-rich douches are effective in terms of lowering the overall pH or you can use vinegar with less concentration. Some experts believe that one should refrain from douching, but do consult someone before doing this practice.
- Warm water bath acts as a powerful home remedy for the disease. It helps soothe the vaginal tissues.The warm temperature of the water also helps in eradicating weak organisms present in the vagina. It is important to set the right temperature of the water to avoid any skin injury.
- Practice of Safe Sex: In addition to the above, safe sex is a must. Use protective means to avoid getting organisms. Vaginal condoms are necessary in this regard. This will also help reduce the possibility of transmission to your partner.
It is important to consult experts to determine the possible complexity of using any of the solutions for bacterial vaginosis. The best solution should be used for eradicating bacterial vaginosis. Abstinence is essential for better healing of this disease.
This article is written by Joydeep Majumder. Bacterial Vaginosis has been affecting lots of women these days due to different factors. These bacterial vaginosis remedies can help you cure the disease painlessly and effectively.